It horrifies me so much when privileged people acknowledge that there is heavy inequlity in the world but don’t care and think it’s just the way it is like how little do you care about oppressed people how completely inferior do we seem to you that our suffering is a minor annoyance to you
People who think there are only two sexes aren’t worth your time tbh. No argument you have will mean anything to someone with a 9th grade understanding of biology.
We didn’t fuckin’ stutter. we mean sexes. Way to erase intersex folk. Get the fuck out.
THIS IS THE MURDER OF ERIC GARNER. Caught on camera in ITS FULL CONTEXT.
This is the extended clip of the NYPD and EMS after they’ve murdered this man. After they’ve realized they’ve killed this man, they pretend as if he’s still alive. He’s dead on the sidewalk!! That’s why the EMS didn’t bother to attempt to resuscitate him. They did nothing to attempt to revive him. He was still in handcuffs and all they did was remove his phone and some cigarettes from his pockets, then slammed his LIFELESS BODY onto a stretcher. THEY MURDERED THIS MAN!!
- If you or I were ever to be caught on camera, in the plain view of day light, committing a crime there would be no need for an INVESTIGATION (open and shut case). But time and time again, this is the tactic that the NYPD and other terrorist groups across the U.S. uses. They see a plain video of their officers committing a crime and they “INVESTIGATE” it for years…and as time passes WE FORGET until the next time…WELL YOU BETTER START DEVELOPING A LONG MEMORY BECAUSE THE INCURSION IS COMING FOR YOU AND YOURS IF WE DON’T STOP THESE PEOPLE FROM KILLING US.
Officer DANIEL PANTALEO should be charged with MANSLAUGHTER in the second degree.
- MANSLAUGHTER in the 2nd Degree: According to New York Penal Code section 125.15, a person is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree when he RECKLESSLY CAUSES THE DEATH OF ANOTHER PERSON.
- According to NY Penal Code section 15.05(3), RECKLESSNESS is defined as follows: A person acts recklessly with respect to a result or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense when he is AWARE of and CONSCIOUSLY DISREGARDS a SUBSTANTIAL and UNJUSTIFIABLE RISK that such result will occur or that such circumstance exists. The risk must be of such nature and degree that disregard thereof constitutes a GROSS DEVIATION FROM THE STANDARD OF CONDUCT THAT A REASONABLE PERSON WOULD OBSERVE IN THE SITUATION.
- Since 1993, the NYPD has expressly banned all applications of police choke-holds because numerous people have died in police custody as a result of these choke-holds!!! The RULE AGAINST POLICE CHOKE-HOLDS CLEARLY STATES: “Members of the NYPD will not use chokeholds.” The NYPD patrol guide defines a choke-hold as follows: “A chokehold shall include, but is not limited to, ANY PRESSURE TO THE THROAT OR WINDPIPE WHICH MAY PREVENT OR HINDER BREATHING TO REDUCE INTAKES OF AIR.”
- Officer DANIEL PANTALEO is an 8-year veteran of the NYPD. He is or should be aware of the NYPD rule against choke-holds. He is or should be aware that placing someone in a choke-hold is therefore reckless (as defined above). Placing ERIC GARNER in a chokehold was reckless because it’s a gross deviation from the explicit rules of the NYPD against using choke-holds. DANIEL PANTALEO applied a choke-hold because he clearly applied pressure to ERIC GARNER’S neck (see video). This hindered the intake of air because you can clearly hear ERIC GARNER screaming “I can’t breathe” (see video).
- THERE IS NOTHING TO INVESTIGATE…THERE IS NOTHING THAT THE NYPD CAN FIND THAT WILL BE MORE EVIDENTIARY THAN THIS VIDEO!! EVERY ELEMENT OF THE CRIME IS ON THE VIDEO.
DANIEL PANTALEO could be charged with second degree MURDER.
- NY Penal code section 125.25 (2) states: “A person is guilty of murder in the second degree when under circumstances envincing a DEPRAVED indifference to human life, he RECKLESSLY engages in conduct which creates a GRAVE RISK OF DEATH to another person, and thereby causes the death of another person.”
- DANIEL PANTALEO, as evidenced by other claims of police misconduct and excessive force has demonstrated a history of depraved indifference to human life. His conduct here is also RECKLESS as outlined above. And his reckless conduct, while demonstrating a depraved indifference to human life caused the death of ERIC GARNER.
- AGAIN, AN INVESTIGATION IS UNNECESSARY!! THE VIDEO CLEARLY SHOWS EVERY ELEMENT OF THE CRIME.
I feel that a lot of his depictions of women in his art are really fucked up and sexist, though I’m sure 15 billion people will jump down my throat claiming it’s ~satire~ and therefore somehow incapable of being genuinely offensive (even if people are indeed offended).
In terms of explicit statements he put this quote: "feminism is a weapon. weapons are for war. make love, not war" on his instagram which is wildly ignorant and anti-feminist.
And while I’m at it I’ll do a mini YFIP on him
He used the n-word in an interview while talking about how he was trying to “reclaim” the word vandalism the way that some Black people have reclaimed the n-word. Given that it’s well-documented that he’s white (including in this same article) it’s completely inappropriate and racist for him to use the actual word.
Then there’s the larger fact that his whole career is an exercise in white privilege, cultural appropriation, and classism (and of course racism because class is a race issue). You think a man of color could get away with all his stunts without ever getting caught or in trouble? Absolutely not. Also, street art/graffiti is just not white people’s domain, in the same way that rap music isn’t white people’s domain. White people can participate, but they need to recognize they didn’t invent it. Banksy gets an incredible amount of credit for doing what people of color had been doing for years before he showed up. Also, Banksy often puts up his pieces in poor neighborhoods mostly populated by people of color, and then all the bougie white people (who would never deign to set foot in that neighborhood otherwise) come to take photos and clog up public spaces. It’s like a mini gentrification. Here is a great post that elaborates on these points. It’s specifically about Shepard Fairey, but the points all translate to Banksy as well.
Banksy is such a symbol (mostly among middle to upper class white kids looking to rebel) of counterculture, but he’s actually just kind of an asshole.